Rugby Player, Nutritionist and Coach
I am a former professional rugby player with Munster rugby. After retiring from the game at 25, due to a hamstring injury that refused to recover, I completed a post graduate degree in Applied Sports & Exercise Nutrition.
During my time as an athlete I focused a lot on my nutrition and doing as much as I could to lead a healthy lifestyle and achieve my goals. Professional rugby gave me the exposure to top class coaches in all areas including nutrition, sports science, mental skills and balancing my lifestyle.
Educating myself in nutrition allowed me to combine my practical experiences at an elite level with science to achieve my goals beyond my rugby career.
My aim is to be able to help as many people as I can with particular focus on:
– Performance Nutrition & Coaching
– Recovery from injury & illness (nutritionally and mentally)
– Resilience & adapting to change
After leaving the game at a young age I felt I had a lot more to give to others. I am the assistant coach with Cork Constitution F.C senior team. This brings a lot of responsibility but has exposed me to coaching in a different capacity, from rugby to career advice and recovering from injuries.
– Weight loss and muscle gain
– General health
– Exercise & sport
– Office lifestyle (focus on energy, activity and eating behaviours)
– Injury and illness prevention and recovery
– Dealing with change and setbacks
– Goal setting
– Positive Reinforcement
– Self belief